Intralase Blade-Free LASIK
Manhattan LASIK Center and Dr. Niksarli, a foremost NYC LASIK surgeon, are pleased to offer the IntraLase Method for Blade-free LASIK surgery utilizing the latest IntraLase FS 60Khz laser.
What is IntraLASIK:
The IntraLase FS laser is a femtosecond laser system that allows LASIK surgeons to offer their LASIK patients a safer, computer facilitated alternative to traditional LASIK. With IntraLase, the laser creates the flap-instead of a blade which makes LASIK a truly all-laser procedure.
With this new technology, patients who were not good candidates for traditional LASIK in the past may now qualify for IntraLASIK. The IntraLase Laser marks the first significant advancement in flap-creation technology in nearly 50 years.
With its computer-controlled software, the IntraLase laser brings a level of accuracy and precision to flap creation for LASIK that may not be attainable with mechanical microkeratome technology. This truly all-laser approach provides patients with a safer, all-laser alternative to the microkeratome and offers a computer-controlled, minimally invasive technique creating precise dimensions in corneal flaps.
Why Choose the IntraLASIK FS 60Khz Laser:
- IntraLASIK provides an extra margin of safety by eliminating potential side effects from mechanical microkeratomes.
- IntraLASIK allows us to perform LASIK on patients with thinner corneas because we can create thinner flaps, allowing us to correct higher levels of refractive errors.
- IntraLASIK provides both the patient and the surgeon with a higher level of confidence in the creation of the flap.
- IntraLASIK makes laser vision correction an all-laser procedure, which significantly enhances its precision and predictability.
- With IntraLASIK, more of our LASIK NYC patients can avoid the longer recovery time of surface laser treatment, also known as PRK, LASEK, Epi-LASIK.
The IntraLase® Method for a Blade-Free LASIK Experience
We know the decision to have LASIK surgery is a big one, so we take great care to determine what’s best for you as our patient. That’s why we offer blade-free LASIK treatment using the IntraLase method.
With the IntraLase method, pulses of laser light create your corneal flap, which is then lifted so the next step of LASIK – the reshaping of your cornea – can be performed. When your LASIK treatment is over, the flap is securely repositioned into place. This bladeless, computer-guided technology is potentially more accurate than most of the mechanical microkeratomes that surgeons may use to create the corneal flap.
Lower Touch-up rates
The Visual outcomes with IntraLASIK are potentially improved: several studies have shown more predictable outcomes and decreased touch-up rates.
With IntraLase, LASIK is truly an all laser procedure. It eliminates all blade-related complications.
High Precision Flaps
It offers a computer-controlled, minimally invasive technique that reliably creates precisely shaped and sized corneal flaps.
Dr. Kevin Niksarli
LASIK Long Island surgeon Dr. Kevin Niksarli is dedicated to the safety and comfort of his patients, and is proud to offer the most advanced treatments, including Intralase. Over the years, he has performed more than 50,000 laser eye surgeries, helping countless Brooklyn, Manhattan and Flushing LASIK patients achieve clear vision.